The Family

The Family

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Daddy of the Year


Brycen and I discovered this cool park last week. It had a pulley system to lift sand up and tubes to dump the sand back to the ground. Brycen played with the pulley for over an hour. Yesterday Lance brought Brycen back to the park to take pictures so he could make a pulley for our backyard play structure. After a family trip to Lowe's we were ready to built in the 100 degree weather.
Even I chipped in to help.
Can't you just feel the heat!
This play structure was originally built by Lance and his brother Mitchell about three years ago. They worked all weekend, using laterns and lamps so they could work well into the night, all in an effort to have it up for Zac's 7th birthday. The got it done and the birthday was a smashing success. Of course Mitchell hasn't been back to visit since hmmm. Mitchell, if you come out again I promise to not put you to work! I am so grateful that Mitchell was around that weekend; Lance could have never got it all done in time with just me helping.

While Lance slaved away in the blazing sun, the boys swam.
Although, Brycen actually did help a lot with the pulley system building.
The finish project is a big hit! Way to go Super Daddy.

7 comments:

Beka said...

I can't imagine you ever need to go to the park with a backyard like that! What a fun place to live.

Bridget said...

What a great playstructure! Looks like a blast. Wish we could invite ourselves over to play.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Your husband is a genius, what a cool thing! Jared told me he wanted to build Marcus a swingset, out of raw materials. I told him he ought to buy a pre-packaged set and he said, NO, it would be better for his ego to do it RAW. I'll send him to your site! S

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can feel the heat. We went to a car show at Thanksgiving Point and it was 96 degrees. The new addition to the play area will give the kids more things to do outside. That water looks great.

Tara said...

Where's that park??

Anonymous said...

Your blog entries are coming fast and furious nowadays. I almost didn't see this one.

Someday I will make it out. I have to find an inexpensive way to travel. Maybe find a cheap motorcycle and drive over and back on a four day weekend.

Lance and Kim said...

Tara: The park is directly across the street from Oak Chan School. If you go like your going to the castle park, but turn left instead of right at the T it is at the end of the block on the right hand side.

Mitchell: Just don't let me know that you are riding a motoercyle out when you come so I don't have worry!