The Family

The Family

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Allure of a Tiffany's Box

I think most women can recognize a Tiffany blue box from a mile away, but personally I never thought it was any big deal. The Marketing major in me, says great brand recognition, but I'm just not going to fall for it. I guess I'm really not much of a jewelry person anyway. I wear my wedding ring 24/7, but usually that about it. I have a few piece of jewelry, besides my rings that I cherish, the diamond earrings Lance gave me on our wedding day, a necklace my mom gave me for my 24Th birthday that has a pearl set in a silver square, on the square it says "loving you is easy", and my charm bracelet that my mom, Lance, and I have been adding to my whole life--I guess it tells my life story. That about it, those are the few pieces of jewelry I would save from a fire after my family and photo albums were safely out.
Still I wanted to give our baby's birth mother a little gift, something that was nice enough that she would want to always keep, but nothing that cost so much that it would make her feel we were trying to bribe her into giving us the baby. I will give her the gift when we meet in the delivery room in May. Naturally, I thought I'd try Tiffany's. I found her a nice heart shape pendant necklace, not a locket, the whole Annie thing is not what I'm going for here! The necklace had a Tiffany Jr sort of price tag, so I bought it. The box arrived in the mail just the other day. Holding that tiny blue box with the white ribbon in my hand, I thought, "OK, I have got to get my own!" I jumped back on the website and found this little charm for my bracelet.
Of course a girl just can't buy her own Tiffany jewelry, so I have been dropping hints for Lance, please feel free to do the same! Remember my birthday is May 10Th! Can you see what I have become just by holding a little blue box in my hands. Those boxes should come with a warning label. This is bad, really bad!
Of course the next totally rational thought was, hey I should start a charm bracelet for the new baby too. Remember I have been waiting a long time for a girl! And of course her first charm should be from Tiffany's too, right. So I found this one.

Perfect! My first charm was a baby buggy too. Then I checked the price, okay so it didn't have a Tiffany Jr price tag. Our baby could have this little trinket for a mere $2780! Sorry sweet baby, that little box didn't quite have that much power over me, I will buy the little Tiffany bear charm instead.
Side note: I bought a little silver bracelet (not from Tiffany's) for our baby and also a matching one of our baby's birth sister.

1 comment:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Wow, these are really beautiful and I love the charm bracelet idea. . . very cool! Sarah