Lance took Brycen to the California Air Show a few weeks ago. They go every year and always have a blast; Zac thinks it is too loud and too hot.

Brycen inside a monster truck wheel. He was very excited to see a monster truck up close and personal. When he went to a monster truck rally he was disappointed that he didn't get to get close to the trucks.
It was a Lego party, of course. When the boys arrived they all made Lego boats to play with in the pool.
His buddy Scott
(there were eight other boys at the party, but these are the only ones that I know well enough to post pictures of without parental permission)


Brycen inside a monster truck wheel. He was very excited to see a monster truck up close and personal. When he went to a monster truck rally he was disappointed that he didn't get to get close to the trucks.
Brycen and Lance packed a bunch of things for Brycen to play with while they watched the air show. Brycen and his toys grew a crowd of other kids whose parents were all very grateful that Lance had hauled so many goodies with them. Including the folding chairs Lance and Brycen had five bags to carry and they took the light rail down to the show.
ACCIDENTAL PETS
Meet Blendy, the newest member of our family. Lance found this little Blue Bellied Lizard (or Western Fence Lizard if you want to get technical) on the lawn last week. He brought it in to show the kids with the intent of then setting it free, but the boys had other ideas.
30 dollars later Blendy now has a nice home and lives right on my kitchen counter. Yes, I would prefer that Blendy reside in the boys' room, but I know someone (my bet would be Zac) would set Blendy free in my house. Growing up my brother often caught snakes and lizards that became his pets and more than a few of them managed to get out in the house. Once he caught a rather large snake that he identified, correctly, as a gopher snake; however, because this snake like to shake the end of his tail, my mom wanted a second opinion. So off we went with the snake in a box the the pet store, only the snake got loose in the car. My dad and my grandpa searched for him for hours and then finally convinced my mom that he must have crawled out. MONTHS later, my mom open her car door and out came the snake. I really want Blendy to just stay in his cage (that he hates). Actually I hope in a few weeks to be able to convince the boys to let Blendy go. But in the mean time at least I have someone to keep me company in the kitchen and it is fun to watch him it crickets.
We also have a cat who maybe be trying to adopt us. "She" comes by every night to see if there is any food in Shay's bowl. Sometimes we set a little bit of milk out for her too. I don't want to steal some one's cat, but if the poor little thing is homeless I don't what her to go hungry either.
EARLY BIRTHDAYS
With Scott's birthday just three days away, it seemed rather strange to have a birthday party for Brycen, whose Birthday is still almost two weeks away, yesterday, but Brycen decided on Monday that he wanted a swim party and since I am hopeful that the 100 degree weather won't last forever I thought we better hurry and have his party.
It was a Lego party, of course. When the boys arrived they all made Lego boats to play with in the pool.

His buddy Scott
(there were eight other boys at the party, but these are the only ones that I know well enough to post pictures of without parental permission)

I bought an unfrosted cake and made this Lego "6" cake for the party.
We also made soda geysers using Mentos candies, but we forgot to take pictures. The soda shoots up about 30 feet high, I suggest you all try it--OUTSIDE!


I think the party was a big success and it feels good to have one down and two to go!
Kami loves her bucket bath
Kami has been sleeping in her crib at night for about a month now. She sleep 10-11 hours a night and wakes up singing--she is so delightful!
Despite her cheering BYU played miserably last week.
She also cheers on the young women when the play basketball.
Big Cami and Little Kami
Even some of the young men like to hold her.























2 comments:
Early Happy Birthday to Brycen. I'm glad you have the 100 degree weather instead of us. It's fun to see the birthday kids in the pool. Kami is growing up. I'm glad she is sleeping through the night in her crib.
Happy BDay to Scott! And I love all the Kami Pics! She's so adorable in all her outfits and so loved!
Post a Comment