The Family

The Family

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mamma Mia, I have a Happy Hubby!



Lance has been dreaming of a new car for over a year now. Finally after a repair estimate for his ancient Explorer came back higher than what the car was worth, Lance's dream came true. This is Lance's brand new Jetta, and his first ever brand new car (he doesn't claim my van). He wheeled and dealed and got the car for about $500 under wholesale and got twice as much as the Explorer was worth on his trade in. However, I will never go car shopping with my otherwise sweet, kind husband again. I know it is silly, but I feel sorry for the salesman. Now that it is all done though I must say I am very proud of Lance's negotiating skills. Lance sat at work yesterday staring out his window and his new car--he is one Happy Hubby!

I got to take the Jetta out on the town last night. I saw Mamma Mia with my mom and two of my friends. We absolutely loved the movie, and recommend it to all women, but leave your husbands behind. It was a great night that ended with appetizers and dessert at Applebees. Lance was a little concerned when I came home around midnight from a movie that started at 7:30. The question is was he worried about me our his Jetta?


2 comments:

Tara said...

Hey Kim!!

You groovin' to the tunes of ABBA now (Su-pah-pah Troo-pah-pah and Dancing Queen?) I just got Abba Gold a few weeks ago at a thrift store- good stuff!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Nice ride there Lance!!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I can't wait until the day Damian gets himself a cool, mid-life crisis car. And then I'll do what you do and go out with my girlfriends on the town! Very fun, and I've seen the movie 2x and the broadway show once and it's a hoot. Loved it!

PS Nice Car, Lance!