The Family

The Family

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years



We celebrated New Years with our annual fondue and pizza New Years Dinner. Our friends the Smiths joined us and we ate way too much cheese and chocolate, but then we all played wii fit, so I'm sure we're fine! We rung in the New Year at Eastern Time and then after everyone went home and the kids went to bed, Lance and I watched the Twilight Zone Marathon until 2009 arrived here on the West Coast.
Once the chocolate cooled down Brycen and Zac found that just dipping their fingers saved time.
Okay, so the picture is a little hard to make out, but there is a tradition in some neighborhoods in Folsom to set luminaries out on Christmas Eve, however, since it rained that night, the rain delay night is New Year's Eve. We are not part of the officially included blocks, but for the past few years I have been able to get our whole block to do it on our own. Which made it really embarrassing when I forgot yesterday! The candles are suppose to be lit by 6pm; it is a fun time to chat and hang out with the neighbors and it does look beautiful. I remembered around 8pm, so we did get them out we just missed out on socializing with our neighbors.



Here we are celebrating at "midnight," well New York's midnight anyway.
Scottie was not a big fan of the top hat!
Checking to make sure it is really off!
Lance and Brycen concluded our celebration by adding the last state quarter to our map.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Lance got that last quarter. I have thought of sending him a Hawaiian one, but I keep speding them. The chocolate and cheese look good. We are still eating the Christmas leftovers. Way too much pie. Happy New Years and love to all.

Larsen's said...

Happy New Years to the Jones! Funny, we have pizza on New Year's Eve, as well...yum!

Hillary said...

Crud! I am so sorry! I totally forgot to call you and tell you we wouldn't be able to come over! I'm so rude! Please forgive me. My mother in law came into town and the days and time have gotten away from me. It sounds like our kind of night. Hopefully we can be invited next year, if we are on the good list!

Happy NEw year! I look forward to getting to know you and your family better this year!
xoxo

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

What a wonderful celebration you had. . . you'll have to check my blog for our version, with Matt and Jen. . .xoxox