The Family

The Family

Monday, March 9, 2009

It's a GIRL!

A sweet baby girl will be completing our family the end of May. Today I was able to talk to her wonderful, sweet, loving birth mom on the phone. It is so strange to have such an emotional attachment to someone we have never met, but we love her very much. She wants us to be there for the delivery because she wants us to bond with the baby right away.

This past weekend we bought a loft bed for Zac and Brycen. They are getting use to the idea of sharing a room. We still haven't moved all of Brycen's stuff into his new room, but we're working on it. I have been trying to be good and not buy a whole lot, but now that I have talked to her I feel a little better about starting to plan for her and buy things for her.

I bought these little shoes for her last Thursday. We found out about her on Wednesday, but her birth mom's ultrasound was Thursday so that was when we found out we are having a girl.

12 comments:

Hillary said...

oh heavens! I am so excited for you! let me know if I can do anything! (not that I'm much help these days;)

Amy J said...

wooohoo!!!!! congrats

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I'm glad things are finally starting to happen.

Christy said...

So Happy for you! Adorable Shoes!

Larsen's said...

I am so happy for you guys...what wondeful news!

Bridget said...

Huge congrats! The shoes are so adorable!!

Lindsay said...

SO happy for you!! I know you've waited a long time and I'm so glad it's happening. I can't wait to have another niece to love. I hope we get to meet her soon (hint, hint...come to Utah in December.) I've been getting rid of some of Carolina's clothes so let me know if there is something you could need (although I know it's much more fun to buy things for this little girl.)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy, I'm going to call for more details!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy, I'm going to call for more details!

Anonymous said...

Yea Yea Yea, you will no longer be out numbered with the ratio Male to Female. You are going to have to change your blog address to www.boys3girls1 I too can't wait to meet her. She will be so loved and wanted. Little does she know already that she is coming into a family that has been waiting for her for so long. She is a very lucky special girl and I am sure the boys won’t spoil her a bit with kiss and all. I always wished I had big brothers to follow around and have looked after me. She'll be fine in that area! CONGRATS! Keep us updated. I am anxious to hold a little one in my arms again. I can’t wait to hold her!

Rebecca and Co. said...

Kim, congratulations to your family! How nice it will be to have a girl. I have three boys and a girl too, but in a different order.

I love adoption and I know you will love your new daughter just as much as your do your sons. From reading your blog, I can tell your baby is one lucky little girl to be joining your family.

Rebecca

(P.S. I am an old friend of Lance's--I commented one other time a long time ago.)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Congrats to you and your sweet family! What a wonderful blessing, we are so thrilled for you. . .all the prayers are being answered! Now we have one more person to pray for, the birth mother, as well as your sweet little girl growing! Congrats again, love you all very much! Sarah