The Family

The Family

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ward Camp-Out

I thought we were a little crazy to go camping with a three month old baby, but when we got to the camp ground, there were a few others babies too, so I thought maybe it wasn't so crazy. By morning I found out the other families with babies had gone home the night before so they could get a good night sleep. I wish we had taken a picture of the inside of our tent. With a queen air mattress, 3 twin mattresses, a pack-and-play, a chair to sit on while feeding Kami, and our gear the tent was very full.

We got a bit of a late start getting up to camp, because Lance's best friend from the time he was 14 years old, Jake Pigg, stopped by with his family on their way home to Oregon. I just love to see Lance and Jake together, they instantly turn into teenagers again. It was great seeing them; we just wish they could have stayed longer.

When we got to camp, Brycen hopped out of the van and said "OK I've got my walkie talkie bye" I don't know who told him he could grow up! Both he and Zac were able to roam on their own this year. It caused some anxiety for me, but they did a great job. Brycen's and his buddy Logan loved being on the Huck Fin rafts. Zac hung out with the teenagers, you know the kids on the back row of campfire. He fit in too well; I can't believe he will be a deacon in just 13 months. Zac also played with the 3 dogs at camp. Scott stayed in the tent from the moment we got it set up till the next morning. In the morning we brought him to the lodge and he hung out there until it was time to go. Kami did a great job. All the Young Women just love her, so there is always someone ready to hold her. The girls even ask to change her diapers. We are blessed!
Scott sleeping in the Lodge, he was worn out from walking around the tent all night!

We finally woke Brycen up around 9am.

Mr. Cool




Kami's only warm clothes are hand-me-downs from the boys--so here is what Kami would look like as a boy.



Brycen woke up spotted an empty swing and went
or it PJs and all. The swings are great though, just look at that height! I am so glad Brycen can pump himself now!

Brycen and Logan on the rafts with a couple of the Young Women

Brycen was the only one that did not fall off the raft. He was very pleased with himself, especially since even the big kids fell off!

By Sunday Kami was looking like her girly self again!

Lance must be home sick because he Googled a recipe for Utah Scones. Tonight his wonderful wife made them for him. They were way too good! After we ate way too many we brought some to friends to keep ourselves from eating them all.

3 comments:

Lance and Kim said...

They were yummy. Thanks again Hun.

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had way too much fun. I can't believe how fast Kami is growing!! She's so big now. Brycen and Zac are cracking me up with how cool they are. ;o) And you look great yourself!

Grandma Carolyn said...

So fun to see Brycen doing his Huck Finn paddling. Sounds like a good time was had by all. You probably had a lot of packing to do. Thanks for the cute pictures of the kids. I'm glad they get those kind of fun opportunities (?)