The Family

The Family

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Arrow of Light

Zac received his Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts last night. It is the highest award possible in Cub Scouts. We also received his Webelo badge and his religious square knot, and four other activity pins. As I sat there last night I couldn't help but think what a miracle our little Zac is. Eleven years ago I dreamed and hoped and prayed he would be able to do things like Cub Scouts, but at the time it was all such an unknown world. We weren't even sure he would ever walk or talk. Last night he stood in front our all the other scouts and talked about the different things he did to earn his awards. My boy had me in tears! He was very excited and proud of himself. I wish everyone could have a spirit like Zac. I am so proud of him and so grateful for the miracles that have occurred get him this far. On we go towards his Eagle!

Zac had so much fun inviting his family to his special night. He even tried to get Grandma and Grandpa Jones to fly out.
Zac getting all his activity pins.


SO CUTE!

He even got war paint!
The Arrow of Light Ceremony:

Shooting the Arrow of Light.

His arrow of Light badge and Activity pins. Acquanot, Outdoors man, artist, engineer, 1st aid, fitness, Citizen.

All his Cub Scout badges


Religious Square knot--not sure where that one actually goes.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats to Zac!! I am so happy for him. I cannot believe he is 11 years old! He is going to be in Young Men's before we know it. I remember how sweet he was at one year old when I walked off the plane from my mission. I was SO excited to finally be an aunt and so happy to finally meet my nephew. How time flies.

Larsen's said...

Wow, that is great! I am so proud of Zac...

Grandma Carolyn said...

Zac, we are so sorry that we were unable to see you get your arrow of light. I loved your pictures and am so proud of you. It would have been grand to have seen you. I love you very much. Thanks for calling us to let us know you were getting the award. I look forward to seeing you at Christmas. Love you!!

Michael Larsen said...

Super proud of my favorite little dude! Kim, the square knot goes centered just above the left pocket. Tell Zac I'm super proud of him and also tell him I expect to get an invitation to an Eagle Court, and will be suitably miffed if I'm not invited (oh,and tell him Scoutmaster Mike will be happy toe help him any way he can :) ).