The Family

The Family

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Elderberries OH MY!


Lance had to drive for two hours today to get to Modesto because construction at a site had to be halted due to the discovery of an Elderberry bush. It turns out that the elderberry bush is habitat for an endangered horned beetle. After spending all day at the site he found away to get the project done while saving the bush. This emergency trip made him miss a big meeting about Zac at school. I hope the horned beetle appreciates the sacrifice! It sure isn't a pretty bush!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yeah! we signed up for a blog, so we could comment on yours. This is a test to see if it works. Wish I could have heard Zac's report. I sure Nana Judy helped him through it. There is always something, if not an Elderberry bush. It could have been your burning bush in the desert. Hope to comment in the future.

Lance and Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lance and Kim said...

Okay so I removed my own post because it had a typo.
Carolyn, I'm happy to say your comment came through. I think Lance would have loved to have turned the Elderberry bush into a burning bush!