The Family

The Family

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Innocence of Childhood

Somehow during the craziness of the day I paused long enough to witness just how pure children really are. During Brycen's prayer at the dinner table he said "please bless the Bishop and Jesus" --my prayers are so often full of pleas for help and sweet little Brycen blesses Jesus. Why can't I be more like that! Later I sat back for a moment before joining the group and watched Lance, Zac, and Brycen admire a rare California thunder and lightning storm. They were so excited so amazed by the show that was being put on just for them. Perhaps even more wonderful was being able to watch Lance be so excited for them, while sitting on the floor at the edge of the open back door loving every minute of it. It just makes me love him even more. I am so grateful that I was there to share in their wonderment. Watching them discover the world brings me such great joy! So I guess tonight I will have to thank Heavenly Father for my wonderful, busy life and ask him to please bless Jesus too!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

That's cute. It's always fun to watch kids experience something new and to see it through their eyes.

Beka said...

I wish I could record the kids' prayers. They certainly teach us how to pray, don't they. I love your family photo. Your haircut looks fantastic!

Lindsay said...

What a sweet little guy. My favorite thing is when little kids and investigators pray. So pure.

By the way, I love your family picture. It really is great. Who took it and when was it taken?