
Picture this, opening day of little league, all the children are happy and excited, except for one--my Zac! The look of utter fear in his eyes is completely rational to him, and perhaps the rest of us are fools for not being afraid. Someone invited the mascot from the Sacramento Rivercats baseball team. So what, you ask, well according to Zac people should not wear costumes with "big heads and eyes that don't blink." I think maybe he has a point there. But I still need a picture to scrape book so we can always remember this great day. With a promise that we will leave right after the picture--thereby getting away from the non-blinking rivercat monster and missing the first came of the season--Zac agrees to stand next to his team.
Side note: this actually all took place during the Spring, but I just got the roll of film developed today. It is hard to remember to process film now that most of our pictures are digital!

3 comments:
I can smell the fear on Zac'face. He will glad when he is older that you took the picture.
I think Zac looks the most professional of them all (with his white baseball pants). I too would be afraid of big people that don't blink. It's funny how kids pick up on things like that.
AHHH, can't blame him...he looks handsome. Trust me, my boys have just recently gotten used to Chucky Cheese only because we have gone to many times this year and they finally realize that he is not going to run away with them. Why do mascotts have to have such big goggily eyes anyway?
Post a Comment