We decided to head up to Oregon for a mini-spring break vacation. We visited our friends the Idiarts who we had not seen in about seven years. The Idiarts are a wonderful family that I grew-up with. When Lance and I were first married and living in the Bay Area we attended the same ward I grew-up in. Damain and Sarah also lived there as a young married couple, so Lance knows them too. We had an absolutely wonderful time it was great to see the whole Idiart clan which now includes: Grandma and Grandpa, Damian and Sarah and their 5 children, Justin and Tiffany and their 3 children, Jared and Christina and their two children, and Allison and Aaron and their two children.
Our plan was to leave for Oregon when Lance got out of work on Friday. The forecast said it would be snowing through all the passes and carrying chains was recommended. We decided that we did not want to have to cross through snowing passes during the night, so we booked a hotel room at Mt Shasta. The drive was wonderful, with plenty of sunshine and not a bit of snow, still since it was too late to cancel our reservation, we stopped for the night and had a great time swimming in the indoor pool until 10pm. (sorry no swimming pictures, it was to steamy and I couldn't keep my lens clean.) The next morning we woke up to snow. Okay so it was no Utah storm or anything but the kids thought it was great. Lance and I just laughed as we drove through the snowy passes that would have been perfectly clear the night before. We were very glad we did not need our chains that were sitting in our garage still waiting for us to pack them.

Brycen absolutely loved Sarah and Damian's son Josh was is nine years old. The two of them were always together. On Monday Brycen was very disappointed to find out Josh had left for school. We were going to head home that morning, but later decided to wait until after the kids got home. Brycen was thrilled to see his buddy again. When we left Brycen wrapped his arms and legs around Josh and just held on as long as he could. Thank you Josh for being so sweet to Brycen!
It was a lot of fun to be part of a big family. It really made made yearn for more children of my own. I want to sit and watch my 10+ grandchildren play one day!


Zac was very sweet to all the little ones. He helped Mary find a dolly so that she would stop crying.
We went to a very cute kids discovery place on our last day in Oregon. Everyone had lots of fun.
Zac learning about the digestive track.
That will be $555,555 please.
Benjamin and Brycen loved sending tons of balls through the vacuum tube that went along the ceiling and then emptied into a large bucket at the end.
Surprise Surprise Scott found a cozy napping spot.
Sarah and I enjoyed neatly organizing all the jumbo sized legos. Of course our beautiful stacks of color coded blocks were no match for the destructive powers of Brycen and Benjamin.


Little mister I hate people in costumes sure loved dressing up as a dragon. We all ran away frightened!



















7 comments:
How fun! I remember the Idiart guy as one of Beka's suitors from back in the day.
Looks like a fun time. One of these years we will hook-up!
I love road trips and staying in hotels! Sounds like a wonderful time glad you made it home safe and sound.
I think you should set up the boys rooms like the play center. Looks like fun. Even a grandmother would like to play. Can't believe you left the chains in the garage. You and Lance live under a lucky star. Could have been costly. It is so much fun to see the Idiart family again. Susan and Al are very lucky to have such a beautiful family. I to feel blessed to have my family live close. I would be lost without my grandchildren and Kids.
I liked Zac in the Dragon custome.
Brycen is all boy. And he sure enjoys playing with all the great boy toys. Trains, blocks and balls.
Love you guys lots. Love Nana Judy
I've been anxiously awaiting your post about the Oregon Trip!! Our kids enjoyed the visit and have already asked when we're coming to your house, and when you're coming back!! You left your "Where the Wild Things Are" movie. . .too bad you didn't leave "Snow Buddies" instead. . .I'll send it. . .and we miss you already! And yes, Dmaian thought he'd marry Beka Vranes, but I snatched him up while she was on a mission. ..xo, Sarah
Oops, I spelled my own husband's name wrong!!
You surprised me with your Oregon trip. You were gone and back before I knew it. As Judy said, "You are lucky to not get caught in the snow. We parents tend to worry more about those things.
The kids looked like they really enjoyed each other. Sounds like all the familly lives together. Your lucky to have friends like that.
Have a great Easter. Did the kids get the Easter package?
Love to all Carolyn
Carolyn,
Yes the easter box arrived yesterday--thank you.
Post a Comment