The Family

The Family

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brycen's 9/11 Tribute



Okay so I usually don't like to do two post about the same child in a row, but I just have to share this video. Brycen's class learned about the tragedy of 9/11last week. This video is Brycen retelling the events of that horrible day to my mom. I am glad he understands some of what happened that day even though it happened two years before he was born. When he came home from school that day and told me the story he finished by telling me that just because bad things sometimes happen doesn't mean everyone is bad; and sometimes bad things happen to good people.

By the way I think the many jealous interruptions by Zachary add to the cutest of the video. Also I think my ability to cover Zac's mouth while almost holding the camera steady is rather impressive!

3 comments:

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

Wow- Brycen really seems to have soaked in a lot from his lessons on this subject!! Very smart!! I can't believe how much he is talking now! I just took Jadon to see the 9-11 memorial at the Fair a few weeks ago and after we looked at everything, Jadon got really quiet and then said in a very serious tone...."Mama.....was it black people that did this?" I was mortified, looking around and thinking- did anyone hear that? That sounded so bad....we've never taught anything bad about any certain race, etc, etc, etc. Then I realized it was just an innocent 6 year old question....nothing about racial issues as I'd immediately feared....he went on to ask...."Well then was it white people? Who were the bad people?" We went over and sat on a bench within the memorial and had a long chat about bad people, good people, not all people being bad, etc.
It's interesting how much they can understand while still so young though....the next day, he was building Lego towers, flying his toy planes into them and then having his rescue vehicles come to the scene....all the while adding in dialog from the various people's viewpoints- bad guys, good guys, helpers, etc.

Where did the time go? I was pregnant with Jadon when that awful event occurred!!

Tara :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video. It's always fun to see the kids. Brycen is really interested in 9/11. A good story teller.