I am very impressed by the families at my kids' schools. I enjoy seeing dads riding home from school with their children; there are always parents helping in classroom, and just being involved in the children's lives. People around here just seem to take family life very serious and not just people from church. The love, time, and energy parents spend reflects well in their children. We have never had problems with Zac being picked on. All his classmates look out for him and he even gets invited to birthday parties. Even more touching to me right now, is that Scott has two real friends. There are two little girls at his school that have decided to be friends with the four kids in Scott's class. These sweet girls play with Scottie and his classmates at every recess. They hold Scott's hand and take him up to the slide then slide down with him, and they also help him ride his tricycle. When I asked if they would like to come to Scott's birthday one of the replied "I would be honored!" The other little girl's mom has already contacted me through e-mail about the party and about how much her daughter has learned from Scott and his classmates. She said that she has really enjoyed watching Stephanie become friends with these special kids. What wonderful parents! I am just so grateful that there are parents who take the time to raise such incredible young people. Thanks to all of you great parents out there--and keep up the good work!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Way to Go Folsom Families!
I am very impressed by the families at my kids' schools. I enjoy seeing dads riding home from school with their children; there are always parents helping in classroom, and just being involved in the children's lives. People around here just seem to take family life very serious and not just people from church. The love, time, and energy parents spend reflects well in their children. We have never had problems with Zac being picked on. All his classmates look out for him and he even gets invited to birthday parties. Even more touching to me right now, is that Scott has two real friends. There are two little girls at his school that have decided to be friends with the four kids in Scott's class. These sweet girls play with Scottie and his classmates at every recess. They hold Scott's hand and take him up to the slide then slide down with him, and they also help him ride his tricycle. When I asked if they would like to come to Scott's birthday one of the replied "I would be honored!" The other little girl's mom has already contacted me through e-mail about the party and about how much her daughter has learned from Scott and his classmates. She said that she has really enjoyed watching Stephanie become friends with these special kids. What wonderful parents! I am just so grateful that there are parents who take the time to raise such incredible young people. Thanks to all of you great parents out there--and keep up the good work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What wonderful little girls! That was a sweet post that made me so proud of those kids and I don't even know them!
He may not know it, but Scott will have a life long impact on those girls.
-Lindsay
It is heart warming to hear of such good-hearted, young girls. They are a good example to all of us.
Scotty is the silent type. Girls love them. And he is very handsom.
Kim lets do something special for these wonderful little girls. Perhaps at Christmas a super terrific gift from Scott. Would be nice to bring their kindness to the attention of the school. And let them reconize them. Might raise the awarness of the other children. And I agree with Lindsy these girls will never forget Scott and his gentle sprit. He and Zac are the teachers for all of man-kind. Now we just need to learn to listen with open hearts and minds. Nana Judy
a
Post a Comment