
I really can't believe Scott is 8 years old. Most of the time Scott is ageless to me I never really think about him compared to other children his age, except when he has a birthday then it hits me like a ton of bricks. I have had a bit of a hard time this week because the eighth birthday is such a big deal at church. I am grateful to know that our loving Father in Heaven does not require baptism for those who do not physically or mentally reach the age of accountability, but it is also the first time that Scott has been excluded from something, and that does hurt.
I love sweet Scottie with all my heart. Looking back at pictures today I realized how far he has come and how much he has accomplished and I am so thankful. He is a beautiful child inside and out and brings so much joy to anyone who allows themselves to get close enough to him to experience his special love. After eight years I truly feel sorry for those who look at Scott and feel a sense of sadness. They are missing out on one of the greatest sources of joy there has ever been. A hug from Scott is like touching a piece of Heaven. Caring for Scott nourishes my soul and lifts my spirit. The honor of being his mom is one of my lives greatest blessings.




4 comments:
Scottie is just an angel wearing a body for the moment. You just have to be in the same room to feel heaven so near.
I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating.
We love you all!
Christina & my boys
Happy Birthday, sweet boy!! Loved the photos, what a cute baby he was!
Such a beautiful boy. I stil remember him as a tiny baby. As you say, it's so hard to think he is eight already. We love him and wish him "Happy Birthday".
I cannot believe Scottie is eight already! Happy Birthday, Scottie! What a blessed little boy he is and a blessing to all who know him.
Post a Comment