The Family

The Family

Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to School 2009


The kids actually started school on August 10th, but it has been a crazy two weeks. I have only had 2 days so far that everyone has actually gone to School. Scott stayed home the first two days as I tried unsuccessfully to protest his placement for this year. Brycen stayed home last Friday because a child at his school had the H1 N1 virus and I was worried about Kami or Scottie getting sick. Zac had a physical, and an orthodontist appointment --so far no need for braces :), then he got an ear infection. His school also has kids with H1 N1 now, but I've decided we are not going to be able to avoid exposure. This year we have all the boys in public schools, but they are still at three different elementary schools. It works out OK because Zac and Scott get to take a bus.
Brycen isn't quite sure what to think about life in public school. He went from a class with 10 kids and 2 teachers to a class with 35 kids and one teacher. Luckily he does know one of the boys in his class from church. The other day after school a boy from his class came up and started talking to me and Brycen. Yesterday day I asked him if he had played anymore with the boy and he said, "Mom, I haven't been able to find him again, all the boys in the class look the same besides me and Logan." I guess Logan and Bryce stand out because they are named after places in Utah, must make them look different!


Meteor Shower?
Last Tuesday we spent the night at my parents hoping to see the meteor shower. It was a lot of work because the kids had school the next day. Lance left with Zac and Scott at 6am to get them home and off to school. Lance and I woke up around 3:30 am, but saw nothing so we didn't bother waking the boys.


In our rush to get to my parents' we forgot to pack Kami's pack-and play, so she slept in a laundry basket!


Bath Time
Kami's first bath in the bucket tub. She loves to sit in it and splash me.
The cure for telamarketers
Just let Zac answer the phone. He always tells them I'm not home and then just tries to talk and talk to them. They usually hang-up pretty quick!
Look Who is Three Months Old


With these dimples, the world is mine!


I have three brothers; just try to take my toy!


Surprise I'm sitting!


I love toys!


Now what do I do ?

4 comments:

Amy J said...

Those dimples KILL me. She is the cutest little girl ever. I can't believe your boys started so early, kelton started yesterday and I thought that was soon!

Grandma Carolyn said...

The kids all look great for the start of school. How do Brycen' other schoolmates look? Happy 3 month birthday to Kambridge Brooke. I appreciate you sending the pictures. It makes me feel more a part of their daily lives. Love to All

Lindsay said...

All the kids are looking so sharp. Little Kami is getting so big!! I love that she slept in the laundry basket. She must be a good sleeper. I like her little seat. I've thought about getting one, but wasn't sure. Tell Kami it's not so bad growing up with 3 big brothers. :)

Anonymous said...

Kim, you told me the pictures were cute, WOW, they are wonderful. Three months sounds so little, but Kami is growing up very fast. I love all the pictures you have taken. And Kami seams to always take great picturea. She is adorable. Kamie has capture the heart of her entire family. Love you little girl..... Nana