Our other challenge is all the Legos sets they look beautiful fresh out of the box and newly constructed. See:
These are some new toys from his birthday party. Lance's mom and my dad both think we should glue the pieces together. I admit that would be less of a hassle, but then at the same time why buy Legos if you can't take them apart? Still, I have yet to find a way to organize them so that when they want to rebuild a set they can actually find the right pieces. I think I would need to hire a full time Lego organizer.
A friend of mine has a very different approach to Legos. She lets her kids build with the instructions one time then encourages them to put the instructions away, take it a part and build something new. They have an entire room just about dedicated to their Lego collection. She is raising very bright children; he 15 year old son is a sophomore at BYU, maybe she has a point. I do love to see what Brycen creates. Here are some of his more recent creations:
In the front are his Lego dragons the all have different powers and abilities. He can talk to you about them for hours. In the back are his "Star Wars ships."
I guess I should just let him enjoy his collection the way he wants to, which I guess means no glue, and no clean family room!
This weekend Lance took Brycen and his friend Scott to the Lego store so they could help build an 8 foot Lego Yoda. All three "boys" had a great time. Zac was afraid they might have characters there so I took him and Scott, and Kami up to my parents' to hang out and eat McDonalds.
Each child got to build a section of Yoda.
They built the big Yoda around a smaller 3 foot Yoda. They are in the background waiting to turn their pieces into the Lego expert.
They also let the kids build race cars and race them down the ramp.
Kami is adjusting to our Fall weather. She was not quite sure what to think of long pants, long sleeves, and socks. She is so dang cute!











5 comments:
I love Kami's little outfit. What cute lamb pants. Where do you find such cute clothes?
How fun to have a Lego store near you. I suppose that's one of the perks of living near a big city.
Brycen does have a good imagination. I like the way he talks to him lego creations.
I agree with Lindsay, Kami has some cute clothes and a cute smile.
What a great post, I've missed you and Kami is growing so much!
What fun! Legos are truly the best toy for little boys. I love seeing pictures of your princess she is getting so big. Miss you guys and send our love!
Oh,how lucky I am to have such a beautiful grand-daughter. The princess picture is perhaps the cutest photo I have ever seen. My dear poor Zac and now Brycen. I hope they get better soon. And pray Kami stays well. The rain is a welcome change. But it is a very big storm. See you in the morning.
Mom
Post a Comment